- Mac Apple For Students Student
- Apple Computer Discounts For College Students
- Apple Mac Laptop For Students
Best Mac for students depends on individual needs Ultimately, the best Mac for students is dependent on each person's particular needs, including grade level, college major, learning environment. Apple MacBook Air MJVM2LL/A 11.6 Inch Laptop (Intel Core i5 Dual-Core 1.6GHz up to 2.7GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Integrated Intel HD Graphics 6000, Mac OS) (Renewed) 4.3 out of 5.© Photo by Vjeran Pavic / The Verge
Apple’s back-to-school promotion for 2020 is an especially good one if you’re in need of some headphones. At Apple’s education store, students and educators can get a free set of second-generation AirPods when purchasing the $899 MacBook Air or $479 iPad Air (both prices listed reflect the educational discount). What’s also cool is that Apple is giving you the option to upgrade to the AirPods with the wireless charging case for an extra $40, or all the way up to AirPods Pro for $90 out of pocket.
The iPad Air and MacBook Air are the entry point for the deal, and of course, more expensive items are eligible to get you the free headphones, like the MacBook Pro of any size or either size of the 2020 iPad Pro. There are exclusions for this deal, namely the Mac Mini desktop and any iPad less than the cost of the iPad Air (including the mini and the baseline iPad). Strangely, the expensive Mac Pro desktop is excluded from the deal, too.
This is the best freebie that Apple has included in its back-to-school promotion in years, and it’s great that you don’t need to spend over $500 to get in on it. If you want a capable laptop that’s ready to go with a keyboard, trackpad, and an OS that’s more capable than iPadOS, the barrier to entry is the $899 MacBook Air, but that’s still not a bad deal at all.
Here are the eligible laptops and desktops:
- As part of Apple’s ‘Back to School’ promotion, the company is offering students a free pair of AirPods if they purchase a new Mac or iPad.
- Students can also upgrade to AirPods Pro or AirPods with a wireless charging case.
- Students eligible for free AirPods will also receive a full free year of Apple TV+, a three-month trial of Apple Music followed by a monthly student subscription rate of $4.99.
While it remains to be seen how the coronavirus impacts the upcoming school year — some colleges have been contemplating online-only classes for the fall semester — one thing that won’t change much is Apple’s always-alluring Back to School promotion. Apple typically runs its big Back to School promotion in July, but with the entire world having been turned upside down in recent months, it’s perhaps not surprising to see Apple launch it a few weeks early.
As to what Apple’s offering, the company is offering free AirPods to students who purchase a Mac or iPad with education pricing. That’s a solid deal given that AirPods cost $159 and can sometimes be hard to find. Apple also notes that eligible students will be able to upgrade to AirPods Pro if they so choose. Students, of course, would have to split the difference which would see them pay $90 for Apple’s top of the line AirPods.
The devices that support the promotion include the iPad Pro, the iPad Air, various MacBook models, and the iMac. Note that the deal doesn’t include the recently released Mac Pro, which is a bit curious given how pricey the machine is.
Beyond the free AirPods, buying a qualifying Mac or iPad will also get you 20% off of AppleCare+, a full year of originals on Apple TV+, and a free three month trial of Apple Music followed by a $4.99 monthly rate after the trial period runs out.
The full list of hardware eligible for the free AirPods and the other freebies is listed below:
- iPad Pro from $749
- iPad Air from $479
- MacBook Air from $899
- MacBook Pro 13-inch from $1199
- MacBook Pro 16-inch from $2199
- iMac from $1049
- iMac Pro from $4599
Apple is also offering free engraving for iPad buyers.
Mac Apple For Students Student
The deal is only for students in the United States, and some of the fine print reads as follows:
Apple Computer Discounts For College Students
- Qualified Purchasers can receive Promotion Savings when they purchase an eligible Mac or eligible iPad with AirPods at a Qualifying Location. Only one Promotion Product per eligible Mac or eligible iPad per Qualified Purchaser. Offer subject to availability. While supplies last. Subject to terms and conditions herein.
- Apple Education Pricing. Available to current and newly accepted college students and their parents, as well as faculty, staff, and homeschool teachers of all grade levels. Quantity limits apply. Visit Sales & Refund Policy for full terms and conditions.
Apple Mac Laptop For Students
All told, this is arguably the best Back to School promotion we’ve seen from Apple in quite some time. There’s no telling when the promotion will end, but previous promotions have ended around mid-September. Still, with AirPods sometimes in short supply, interested students will want to jump on this deal as soon as possible.