This article applies only to video cards that originally shipped with a specified Mac Pro or were offered as an upgrade kit by Apple. Similar cards that were not provided by Apple may have compatibility issues and you should work with the vendor of that card to confirm compatibility.
- Mac Graphics Card Upgrade
- Graphics Card For Apple Mac Pro
- Mac Pro Graphics Card
- External Graphics Card For Mac
AUKEY USB C Hub MacBook Pro (7 in 1) with 4K HDMI, Thunderbolt 3, 2 USB 3.0, USB-C Data Port and SD/TF Card Reader USB Type C Hub Compatible with MacBook Air and MacBook Pro 2019-2016 (Space Grey) 3.9 out of 5 stars 86. A big, beautiful workspace. For doing big, beautiful work. Boundaries are meant to. To check which graphics card is currently installed in a given Mac, press and hold the Option key and navigate to Apple menu System Information Graphics/Displays. Compatible cards will show.
Mac Pro (2019)
Learn more about cards you can install in Mac Pro (2019) and how to install PCIe cards in your Mac Pro (2019).
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Dual AMD FirePro D300
- Dual AMD FirePro D500
- Dual AMD FirePro D700
Mac Graphics Card Upgrade
Mac Pro (Mid 2010) and Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
- ATI Radeon HD 5770
- ATI Radeon HD 5870
Learn about graphics cards supported in macOS 10.14 Mojave on Mac Pro (2010) and Mac Pro (Mid 2012).
Mac Pro (Early 2009)
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
- ATI Radeon HD 4870
- ATI Radeon HD 5870, offered as an upgrade kit
The Radeon HD 5870 card requires Mac OS X 10.6.4 or later and the use of both auxiliary power connections.
Mac Pro (Early 2008)
Graphics Card For Apple Mac Pro
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (part number 630-9191 or 630-9897)*
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600
- ATI Radeon HD 4870, offered as an upgrade kit
The Radeon HD 4870 card requires Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later.
Mac Pro (Original)
Mac Pro Graphics Card
- NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
- ATI Radeon X1900 XT
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 (part number 630-7532 or 630-7895)*
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (part number 630-9492), offered as an upgrade kit.*
The NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT card requires Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later with the Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 or the computer may not start up properly.
External Graphics Card For Mac
* To identify a graphics card part number, check the label on the back of the card.